Thursday, September 27, 2012

To Keep and Bear Arms...

I couldn't sleep, so I picked up a book near my bedside. You may have heard of it. It's called The Federalist Papers and was written by great and brilliant men, namely, James Hamilton, James Madison and John Jay -- America's Founding Fathers.

I read from No. 46 where James Madison wrote the following:

Besides the advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...[it] forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition... governments are afraid to trust the people with arms.
Inspiring, indeed. At least to this solider who knows, at least in part, what it means to fight for one's freedom.

If this interests you, please check out my other blog: Warrior SOS.

www.WarriorSOS.blogspot.com

Or read my tactical gun related articles here:  http://www.guns.com/user/jd.html

No comments: