Thursday, January 31, 2008

Rambo and Commando Backing McCain

Now there are two guys who don’t have a clue about what it’s really like to be a solider: Stallone and The Terminator. I don’t know what it’s like to be a solider because I’ve only played one on TV.

Here’s the problem as I see it. McCain’s alright, but he’s not my first choice. And, why not? Because I’ve followed what he’s done and what he’s said about the war. I’ve known about his Congressional Delegation (CONDEL) visits here to Iraq. And, every time I’ve read his words I’ve gotten a kind of sick feeling in my stomach. He’s a bit too gung-ho for me, and yet he’s NOT good-to-go when it comes to interrogation of terrorists. I’ve written blogs about that. It’s no surprise that charlatan Special Forces actors would want to back him.

I’m ready for some change. …But, of course, not something as radical as Ted Kennedy for VP.

In the end, though, whatever happens…happens, and I’ll support my new Commander and Chief whether it’s Obama, McCain or Romney. They seem to be the frontrunners. Huckleberry has freed (pardoned) too many felons for my comfort.

No comments: