Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Vice President and Laughs

Our nation's first Vice President, John Adams, served under President George Washington in 1789. Of the position, Adams wrote that it is "the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."

With the recent running mate selections of both the Democrats, and more recently the Republicans, I feel a bit deflated. I was hoping McCain would pick Romney. But Romney would show him up. Nevertheless, the lady governor from Alaska seems quite up to the challenge. But frankly, I'm not thrilled of either Party's candidates. I suppose I will only base my vote not on whom I like more, but whom I would least like to see in the Oval Office.

If you've seen the old Richard Pryor movie Brewster's Millions, I feel like voting what his character suggested: Vote none of the above. I'm just not that thrilled about this election. We need a Ronald Reagan, an FDR, or a John Adams. But, on a lighter note, perhaps we need to write-in a candidate. Bill Cosby comes to mind.

With Cosby as President, we'd all probably laugh a little more. After all, laughter is, indeed, the best medicine.

1 comment:

G. Parker said...

Definitely!! We love that idea, but it would take a national campaign. My hubby hopes that McCain will win, have a heart attack and Palin will step in...grin.