Friday, October 24, 2008

Thirty Pounds Frustrated

A couple weeks after being home from Iraq (earlier this summer), I wrote an article for SWATdigest.com. They published it online this month. If you happen to read it, please fill in where I messed up -- a syntax error here, a grammatical error there.

I've thought about those days over four months ago now. There definitely was a transitional period for me when returning home from Iraq that was quite strange, but I feel great today. I'm back to my normal self. Studies show, however, that soldiers exhibit greatest problems between 6 and 8 months after deployment.

Today a law enforcement officer showed me a CCTV-taped video of a Marine back from Iraq who shot and killed two cops at a corner store. I guess some can lose the weight of anger and PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) or they can gain it, as the cited example suggests.

As far as our fifth baby goes (see picture below), did I mention she was the result of my very relaxing Caribbean cruise during mid-tour break? I suggested to a retired cop that such a trip is highly recommended. She replied that if pregnancy was the end result of a Caribbean cruise, she didn't want it. I enjoyed the humor.

Read the article Thirty Pounds Frustrated here.

No comments: