Monday, February 6, 2012

Safeguarding the Constitution

President Obama, in an NBC Today interview with Matt Lauer, that aired today ( Feb 6, 2012), blasted the inspired balance of powers--the checks and balances wisely established by the U.S. Constitution--when he said:

“I have not been able to force Congress to implement every aspect of what I said in 2008. Well, it turns out that our founders designed a system that makes it more difficult to bring about change than I would like...but...I’m just going keep on doing is plotting away, very persistent.”

This comment, by itself, may seem innocuous, but not to me. From Obamacare to anti-American comments made to foreigners, I really don't appreciate the direction our country is headed with him at the helm. Sadly, there are many others both in the Legislative and Judicial Branches that truly ignore the inspired documents of American heritage, first and foremost being the Constitution.

Tonight I taught my children about the Constitution and Bill of Rights, and safeguarding these heavenly writings for our future and for the future of all our the posterity. I have sworn an oath, more times than one, to protect the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic.

As a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, part of our doctrine is to support the Constitution. Within the Doctrine and Covenants it is written, in part:

...According to the laws and constitution of the people, which I have suffered to be established, and should be maintained for the rights and protection of all flesh, according to just and holy principles;

That every man may act in doctrine and principle pertaining to futurity, according to the moral agency which I have given unto him...

Therefore, it is not right that any man should be in bondage one to another.

And for this purpose have I established the Constitution of this land, by the hands of wise men whom I raised up unto this very purpose, and redeemed the land by the shedding of blood.

No comments: