Thursday, March 27, 2008

American Airlines Cancels Hundreds of Flights

I only caught the headlines on the TV in the chow hall, but I thought I heard that American Airlines grounded all their MD-80s.

I wish I had more time to comment on the latest aviation fiasco/fiascos. From a security stand point, so much more could be done to protect our airports and airlines -- our families and friends who fly! Security disasters, even of a relative mild nature, comparatively speaking, would affect the airline industry, and subsequently the economy, in a drastic and significant way.

I'm not one to 'cry wolf' and put people into panic-survival mode except for when I see one coming. And, NOW is the time to urgently make changes in the Transportation Security Administration, to include the Department of Homeland Security and the Federal Air Marshal Service.

See also Trigger Happy Pilot's Bullet Pierced Cockpit Wall.

No comments: