Tuesday, April 29, 2008

A Letter of Recommend

Yesterday a colleague, Colin Cameron, asked if I could give him a recommendation on the social and business network site, Linkedin.com. I was happy he asked. He’s such a great guy, it was easy to write a recommendation for him.

Writing and receiving kind words benefits both the giver and the receiver. In fact, Colin said it made his day. And, I was happy too. Here’s what I wrote, and lest I forget, my Linkin.com spot can be found at www.linkedin.com/in/jeffreydenning:

Colin is one of the most likeable, approachable and trustworthy individuals I have ever had the pleasure to work and associate with. He is truly one of the ‘best of the best.’ A man of remarkable drive, he knows no limits. He is goal-oriented and he meets the vision he creates for himself and his team. Motivation could be his middle name. Not a false veneer, but true energy rooted in a life-time of positive habits that have shaped his character.

Colin has an uncanny way with winning friends and quickly gaining the respect of others. Obviously, that has helped him succeed in life and in business. He is genuine and possesses a great networking ability. I’ve met multiple top-notch and well-respected professionals that I continue to associate with thanks to him. But not only does Colin know people and understand human interpersonal relations on an exceptional level, but he is an ‘expert’ and a man of extraordinary insight and knowledge on every topic he pursues.

His high standards of conduct, both on a personal and professional level, in public as well as in private, make him the kind of guy you want to be around. It is well known that if you want to achieve greater heights, you should associate with the most talented and gifted leaders. Colin is that kind of person. I have a very high regard for this man, and I recommend him without reservation.

No comments: