Friday, April 11, 2008

My Family

My smile was effervescent as I listened on the phone to our youngest daughter. She's only two years old. I didn't know she could sing her ABCs, but she did. She also sang to me, "I am a Child of God," which my wife and I used to sing with the kids each night before tucking them into bed.

It's pretty amazing how much they've all grown. Our baby could barely walk before I left. She couldn't even say "Daddy." The older ones have changed so much too...just in pictures. It will be interesting to see how they've developed over the last year.

I'm so incredibly excited to get home and spend quality and quantity time with my wife and children. I miss them terribly. They are my highest priority. After being separated from them for so long and living in a war zone, I can really feel now -- not just hear -- what one leader eruditely observed, when he said: "No success can compensate for failure in the home."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeff - Thank you so much for dropping by my blog. It was great to hear from you. Please know that my husband and I will keep you and your family in our prayers. We are so grateful for your sacrifice in being away from your family and fighting for America. May God truly bless you.

As for tips about public speaking and marketing, absolutely! I'm teaching two online classes on writing and marketing, beginning May 1st. For you, it will be free. I'll let you know further details as the date draws closer. Please email me at ces@candacesalima.com and I'll get you the details.

My husband goes in for a kidney transplant next Tuesday. So we'll be out of commission for the first 7 to 10 days. But you will receive an email from me with details for the class.

Also, I have linked you to my blog. And I'm issuing an invitation to join our LDSBlogs webring. Just pop back over to my blog, scroll down on the left and find the LDSBlogs webring. Click on join, fill out the online form, insert the code on your blog and you're good to go. It would be wonderful to have you as a part of our community.