Thursday, December 27, 2007

A White Fox

When I was an Active Duty soldier many years ago I recall some tenured military men boasting that we (the Army) do more by 4 a.m. than most people do the whole day. In some aspects, I suppose that has merit.

Since I was up at 0-dark thirty and walking around, I saw a rare nocturnal white fox. She stood only a few feet from me. The vixen and I both stopped and starred at each other…

Boy, I miss my wife. I hope to go home and stay awake with her FOREVER.

To describe how wonderful she is and to write about my love and gratitude for her would take up many book volumes. I choose instead to use the magnificent words attributed to none other than the legendary Dr. Seuss. “You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.”

No comments: